After founding its first company in 1976, Akfen embraced holding status in 1999 and gradually became a leading infrastructural investment holding of Turkey through numerous infrastructural projects it acted as the main investor.
Akfen Holding’s mission is to create value in all businesses and industries it is involved as a leading infrastructural platform that contributes in the economical and human development of Turkey which also leads to the rise of new industries thanks to its long term investment decisions in sustainable areas with a big growth potential.
Akfen’s areas of activity include investing in, and management and coordination of, its affiliates and subsidiaries which are involved in industry branches such as construction, seaport management, sea transportation, water distribution, wastewater and solid waste management services, mining, energy and real estate.
The Holding presently runs partnerships with globally-known national and international enterprises such as Tepe İnşaat Sanayi A.Ş., PSA International, Souter Investments LLP, Kardan N.V, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD), International Finance Corporation and IFM Investors. Akfen Holding is in strategic cooperation with ACCOR S.A., one of the world’s leading hotel chains, for the establishment and operation of Novotel and İbis hotel brands in Turkey. In 2010, Akfen Holding went public with a free-float rate of 28.26% and the shares of the company, trading on the Istanbul Stock Exchange (“BIST”) under the ticker symbol “AKFEN”, were delisted on 12.05.2016, following the completion of its process under the Communiqué for the Squeeze-Out and Sell-Out Rights.
As a model group of Turkey with its management structure, its human resources potential and its transparency policy it maintains without any compromise, Akfen Holding continues to grow and multiply the assets of Turkey.
Akfen Altyapı Danışmanlık A.Ş. (Akfen Infrastructure Consultancy Corp.), a member of Akfen Group, became the holding company for Akfen İnşaat (Akfen Construction) which it took over from Akfen Holding in 2015. Currently, Akfen İnşaat builds the hospitals, student lodgings, residence projects and energy constructions of Akfen Holding which the Holding undertakes under Public-Private Partnership (PPP).
Following the restructuring in 2018 Akfen Altyapı Holding ("Akfen Infrastructure Holding") became the umbrella company for Akfen Group companies.
Akfen Group Structure
* Listed on Borsa Istanbul
** As of 30 May 2018, following the paid-in capital increase of Akfen Construction, Akfen Altyapi Holding’s stake declined to 51.19%, whereas Akfen Holding obtained the remaining 48.81% of the company.
To create sustainable values for our shareholders by following growth strategy through strong strategic partnerships in the fields of infrastructure investment which are predictable with high potential of development, procuring consistent cash flow and mostly monopole characters or with less competition.
We do aim to contribute in the most possible effective way through our responsible institutional citizenship identity, to our country’s economy aiming to be a serious player of the global economy, by our entrepreneurship, investment specialization and our quality of being a trustful partner in Business development which all constitute the basics of our institutional culture.